Support Us By Liking Our Page Link here;)

Phrasal verbs

Life - childhood

CHILDHOOD


I want to take you back, to remember your childhood….
To take you back = reminds me of something

Well…I grew up in a town called New Milton which is on the South Coast of England.
To grow up there = you spent your childhood there

I'd like to bring up my children to be kind and considerate.
To bring up = to care for children and teach them how to live

I think it was because they wanted me to be able to stand up for myself.
To stand up for yourself = to be independent and confident

I don't like one of my colleagues much - we just don't get on very well.
To get on = to have a friendly relationship with someone



School days

SCHOOL DAYS

Because if you want to get ahead, you need a good education!
To get ahead = to become more successful than other people

I got on okay, yeah.
To get on = to talk about how successful someone is.

Sometimes I messed around.
To mess around = to play, or behave in a silly way

But then I usually got down to work in the end!
To get down to work = to start working

I got through all my exams.
To get through = to manage to finish something difficult

Well I went on to university.
To go on to = to do something more important or successful than before







New home

NEW HOME

That’s right. I’ve just moved in.
To move in = to start living somewhere

You must come round some time.
To come round = to come to visit

Let me hang your coat up.
To hang sth. up = put it on the hook or in a wardrobe

OK. Well, I’ll show you around.
To show someone around = to tell them where things are in a new place

I’ve settled in already.
To settle in = to start to feel comfortable and happy

Yup. I definitely won’t be moving on for a while.
To move on = to change your job, house, etc and do something or live somewhere different

Yes, let’s drink to the flat.
To drink to sth. = to toast - to congratulate with a drink



Clothes shopping

CLOTHES

I love to try on new clothes.
To try on = to wear something to see if it fits

I’m doing some TV work later, and I have to dress up.
To dress up = to dress smartly

I’m going to put on this brand new suit and tie!
To put on = to wear something

Callum, you’ll be getting dressed up later - before you go to the BBC television studios.

That’s right. You can dress down in a radio studio.
To dress down = to wear casual clothes

On radio, I can take off my tie!
To take off = to remove it